Geomatics is the science of measuring the physical environment that uses digital technology to obtain geo-spatial information useful for the administration and management of territorial resources.
The first Geomatics engineering program was taught in Quebec Canada in 1986 by Laval University.
Applications of Geomatics
- Inventory and planning of the use of natural resources and territorial infrastructure.
- Planning and optimization in the distribution of strategic centers and services.
- Simulation of scenarios and spatial modeling.
- Cadastral Measurement
- Laser scanner
- GIS Map
- GPS post navigation.
- Planning of the territory.
- Location of vehicles and people.
- Protection of environmental resources.
- Traffic management or emergencies.
- Safe navigation of ships and planes.
- Mobile telephony.